Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our website www.goodoldhorse.com
- Our other Good Old Horse products, services, and features that are available on or through our website.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from two sources: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through operating our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in published content (a comment that includes biographic information about you, or any media or files you upload).
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our employees, post a question in our public forums, or sign up for a newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, comment, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches, features used, interactions with our employees) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them create and manage websites more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads on our site as part of our advertising program, and understand ad performance.
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users, advertising our Services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns, and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of Good Old Horse and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services, or recommending content.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on Good Old Horse.
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- Independent contractors: We may disclose information about you to our independent contractors who need the information to help us provide our Services or process the information on our behalf.
- Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you.
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Good Old Horse, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, or share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published support requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on the website.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: You can choose not to provide optional information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit access to information on your mobile device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the option to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like legal notices.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Good Old Horses’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Good Old Horse’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third-Party Software and Services
How to Reach Us